If you’ve decided your office furniture is due for an update or you need to expand, there’s still another important decision to make before you start your search. Should you buy new, used, or both? Here are few points to consider while you’re weighing your options.
If you have the budget for it, new furniture has some big advantages:
- Unlimited choices. When purchasing new, the options are endless, from finish selections to layout configurations there’s a large breadth of products to choose from.
- Cohesive look. If you are trying to match finishes and coordinate the furniture to your office building, it’s usually easier to purchase all new, because you have the option to select all finishes and layouts. It can be more of a challenge to find matching used furniture for private offices of more than 20 people.
- Warranty. A warranty can be valuable for, broken parts or components that may need to be replaced in the future. Manufacturers make it hassle free to replace items covered under warranty.
If new furniture isn’t what you’re after, there are many benefits in purchasing pre-owned furniture.
- Cost savings. You can save 50% or more on used office furniture, compared with buying new. Buying quality name brands for less.
- Environmentally Friendly. Used furniture has a lot of life left in it. Buying used furniture for your entire office means fewer new materials needed to do the same job. Overall, when purchasing used furniture there is less of an environmental impact that is associated with the production of office furniture. Purchasing used can also help a company who is pursing green initiatives.
- Best value. Discount office furniture is often new or nearly new. When a business closes unexpectedly, or needs to redesign a space, you could be the beneficiary. For example, when a piece of used office furniture is returned to the seller in perfect condition it’s still labeled “used,” but you can get it at 25% to 35% off retail price.
- Flexibility. By buying less expensive used furniture, you’ll likely be able to afford to redesign more of your office sooner. It will also allow you to make necessary changes in the future that come with growth. As a general rule, if you think you’ll make major changes in less than 3 years, it’s a good idea to buy used.
Blending New and Used Office Furniture
Blending new and used office furniture may be the ideal choice for you. It’s a very common approach among our clients. For example, areas that are seen by clients, conference rooms and reception area, our customer’s may choose to purchase new furniture so they can select all the finishes. However they purchase used work stations and seating in the work areas for significant savings without sacrificing durability or comfort.
Whether you settle on new, used or blended office furniture for your office, Carolina Office Xchange is here to help. We specialize in guiding our clients to the solution that fits their needs. With a robust inventory of the highest quality new and used office furniture, you can trust us to perk up your suite!